EDP CA WEEKLY BRIEFING 12 MAY 2021
- We will not be having a team meeting in May but will be having a virtual Away Day on June 2nd
- We are sorry to lose Jill Wilkins from Wimborne who has been an assessor for a number of years. She has decided the time has come to finally retire. We will miss her and wish her well for the future.
- We are still recruiting for our Adviceline team. We have had some enquiries but are looking for more!
- The guidance for using Adviceline has been updated. It can be found here – https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/cablink/advice-and-education/Access-routes-to-advice/service-management-and-improvement/support-for-our-services/Telephony-System-Guidance/
- This week is Mental Health Awareness Week and is hosted by the Mental Health Foundation, the theme for this year is nature. The aim for the week is to inspire more people to notice and connect with nature in new ways. Stop to listen to the birds, smell the freshly cut grass, take care of a house plant, notice any trees, flowers or animals nearby. Take a moment to appreciate these connections. If you want to get involved, you can share images/videos/or just sound recordings of the nature on your doorstep, and how this made you feel on social media using #ConnectWithNature and #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek
- What happens to a pet following a relationship breakdown? CA article at https://medium.com/adviser/what-happens-to-the-pet-after-a-relationship-breakdown-fa4cfb463852
EDP COMMUNICATIONS UPDATE
- The new advice emails are up and running [email protected] and [email protected] Speak to your supervisor for access.
- May’s training suggestion is “Equality, diversity and Inclusion ‘Roads from the past’ a short film about Roma, Gypsy and Traveller people”. The film lasts about 5 minutes and there is reading which should take you about 15-20 mins. Very thought-provoking.
Please let Mandi know when you have done this on [email protected]
Any problems with access speak to Mandi or Sue B.
- There are various problems still with training on CABlink and Docebo so if you find that something is not working properly it is probably not you! Cit A are aware of and working on these issues.
- The new Benefits content is being gradually introduced on Docebo.
- Cit A will now be focusing on checking consents particularly for Special Category Data. Please ensure that this is up to date for returning clients. Verbal consent is acceptable under the current circumstances.
RESEARCH AND CAMPAIGNS
- This last week you have written 9 evidence forms, with 5 describing situations where the client has had restricted access to a service, probably exacerbated by the pandemic. These have covered a range of organisations; long delayed repairs to a home by Sovereign, lack of access to a GP and EDP not answering the phone. There were also two cases where clients with mental health problems were unable to have face to face appointments with our adviser because of the pandemic, and struggled to describe their situation over the phone and make a claim for PIP remotely. All these evidence forms demonstrate how the pandemic is having a disproportionately severe effect on the most vulnerable clients.
Please write an evidence form whenever you come across a situation that seems unfair.