EDP CA WEEKLY BRIEFING 07 JUNE 2021
- This week is Volunteers Week and we would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all our wonderful volunteers. You all willingly give your time to help our many clients and you do make a big difference. We have all had to adapt during these last 15 months and you have risen to the occasion. We have received some great feedback from grateful clients during this time.
- Thank you to everyone who attended our recent Virtual Away Day. We had a great discussion about how we move forwards as a service, coming out of Lockdown and providing the best possible service to clients in an accessible way. If you were unable to attend then there is still time to feed in your comments and ideas. Please send to Helen or Judy.
- Welcome to Natasha who has just started training as an Adviceline Telephone Assessor. 😊
- If anyone is going into the Wimborne office to work, there are new car park passes in the folder for both the Allendale and Allenview car parks. The Allenview ones should be returned at the end of the day. You can post them back through the Wimborne letterbox.
- ENERGY. The FFP project has access to some additional funding for Dorset clients who are either struggling to meet their energy costs or who are facing disconnection. Like both SW and Winter Support, this is up to £200 and is available to a wide range of clients, even those who have had a Surviving Winter grant previously. Clients can be referred to the Energy FFP Task list by your supervisor.
The question to ask on Adviceline is
“CitA (we) have an energy project running to help people save money on their energy bills and they will also check your eligibility for a local grant to help you to meet your fuel costs. Would you be interested in speaking to an Adviser to see if you are eligible for some additional financial support?”
- IMMIGRATION. The deadline for Applications for the EU Settlement Scheme is 30 June. This applies to most people living in the UK who are (or have a family member who is) from the EU, EEA or Switzerland. It is free to apply. More details at https://www.gov.uk/eusettledstatus
- BENEFITS. We now have some face to face appointments available to help people claim Universal Credit. Currently these are on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Ferndown Library. We also have Video apts on Tues, Wed, and Thurs.
- Susan Ridley is offering generalist apts at Lytchett Library on Thursdays for residents of Lytchett Matravers/Upton Ward.
- There are a limited number of face to face appts available at Wimborne and Wareham offices. Please speak to your supervisor to book any face to face apts.
EDP COMMUNICATIONS UPDATE
- Thank you to Kate for running sessions on using Google Drive and Calendar. See the edp website portal for details or contact her directly if you need more help at [email protected].
- May’s training was“Equality, diversity and Inclusion ‘Roads from the past’ a short film about Roma, Gypsy and Traveller people”. We had a bumper amount of people completing this training and received many positive comments.
- Training for June is a new course on Docebo Research and Campaigns: Making Research and campaigns work in your local office. This is something that everyone needs to know about.
Please let Mandi know when you have done this [email protected]
- The results of the March QAA are now available. The positive news is that 6 cases that were randomly picked achieved the top score of 2 for the quality of advice equating to 75% of cases. Unfortunately 2 cases did not reach the required standard.
RESEARCH AND CAMPAIGNS
- Thank you for your evidence forms over the last couple of weeks that have described some very unfair situations, including several where clients have been left waiting an unacceptable length of time for some service.
- Over the next couple of weeks, we are particularly interested in any cases where clients have used a Food Bank because of some issue with Universal Credit. Citizens Advice in Dorset are preparing a paper to send to our MPs to show them the need for keeping the £20 UC uplift after September and some of the problems people face when claiming UC. Your anonymised evidence could be very compelling, so please think of writing an evidence form if you have a client in this situation.
LET’S HOPE WE CAN ALL ENJOY SOME SUN