As part of the government’s Household Support Fund, Citizens Advice will be issuing supermarket vouchers to people of pension age who live in the Dorset Council area and are struggling financially.
People who live with a person of pension age and either care or have power of attorney for that person can also claim on their behalf.
Nina Downes, Project Leader, said: “The government has allocated funding for people of pension age to help with the increase in the cost of living and spiralling energy prices. It’s important as many eligible people receive the funding before it’s no longer available.”
In order to receive the voucher, people of pension age need to provide their name, address and date of birth.
Citizens Advice will be issuing the vouchers at the following locations in East Dorset & Purbeck:
- Wareham: Wednesday 3rd August: East Dorset & Purbeck Citizens Advice, Mill Lane, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 4RA, 10am-1pm
- Lytchett Matravers: Friday 5th August: Lytchett Matravers Library, High Street, Lytchett Matravers, Poole BH16 6BG, 10am-12noon
- Wimborne: Friday 5th August: East Dorset & Purbeck Citizens Advice, Hanham Road, Wimborne, BH21 1AS, 10am-3pm
- Ferndown: Tuesday 16th August: Tricuro, Ferndown Day Centre, Library Road, Ferndown, BH22 9JP, 11am-3pm.
People who are eligible can also call into Citizens Advice offices or outreaches for help with claiming. For opening hours and locations visit www.citizensadvicedorset.org.uk or call the Dorset Adviceline on 0800 144 8848.
If online, people of pension age can also apply here: www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/household-support-fund. Alternatively, Digital Champions at local libraries can assist with applications. Appointments must be booked in advance by calling 01305 221048, Monday to Friday, 10am to midday. Opening times for the Digital Champions can be viewed here www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/getting-online
For free, confidential advice and support, call the Dorset Adviceline on 0800 144 8848 or visit www.citizensadvicedorset.org.uk for details of your nearest Citizens Advice.
For more information contact: Sian Smith, Comms Officer, tel: 01929 408947, email: [email protected]
About Citizens Advice in Dorset:
Citizens Advice in Dorset provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities to enable them to find a way forward whatever problems they face. We value diversity, promote equality, challenge discrimination wherever we see it and aim to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.
Citizens Advice in Dorset is located across three regions:
- Citizens Advice Bridport & District bridportca.org.uk tel: 0800 144 8848
- Citizens Advice Central Dorset centraldorsetca.org.uk tel: 0800 144 8848
- Citizens Advice East Dorset & Purbeck edpcitizensadvice.org.uk tel: 0800 144 8848